The 'River Stour Charity Paddlathon' is a one day, team based, challenge paddle which will take place on Saturday June 17th 2017.
Teams of friends, colleagues and family members are challenged to paddle the navigation from Sudbury to Flatford Mill in one day and to raise funds for local charities - our goal is to see more than £80,000 raised in this inaugural event.
At approximately 25 miles, it is a 'paddlathon'!
Completing the challenge will test individual mental and physical stamina as well as well as requiring good team skills!
The fittest and best paddlers will complete this route in circa 8 hours while most will expect 10 hours of paddle time.
Entry is available for 'Relay' and 'Endurance' teams, see below.
Entry Fees Include:
- Entry Costs (obviously!)
- Use of Equipment (canoes / tandems/ kayaks) for
- Off-water Training Programme to help you
prepare your body for the challenge at home / in
your local park.
- One Hour Skills & Coaching session from our
Hire Centre in Sudbury.
- Three half-day hire vouchers redeemable against use of
your entry boat for scheduled training sessions.
- Participant Goody-Bag with gifts from sponsors and
- For Relay Teams: transfers from the end of your leg to